The pace of IoT innovation is faster than ever. Open source has won because no single company can compete with the scale and speed of disruptive innovation delivered by collaborative ecosystems.
With nearly 3.9 million lines of code across over 35 projects, supported by over 40 of the world’s leading IoT ecosystem players, Eclipse IoT is the open source center of gravity for IoT.
Join global industry leaders collaborating on an end-to-end IoT architecture!
A Proven Track Record
Here are just some of the reasons why Eclipse IoT is trusted by industry leaders:
- Eclipse IoT has been very successful in promoting open IoT projects and attracting new developers and users to IoT technologies. Our members gain adoption of their projects, which in turn helps with promoting their commercial products.
- The Eclipse Foundation’s clear, vendor-neutral rules for intellectual property sharing and decision-making make it easy to collaborate with other organizations on driving rapid innovation.
- The Foundation’s legal and intellectual property processes enable members to fully comply with antitrust laws and provide members with the legal assurance that they can successfully embed open source technology into their commercial products.
- The Eclipse Development Process is a set of best practices that guide member organizations during the creation of open source projects.
“No company can realize the IoT on its own… Within the Eclipse Community, through the contribution of many IoT developers, tools and standards are created on an open platform that many companies can benefit from for their IoT applications.”
CEO, Bosch Software Innovations
“Eclipse IoT is the industry’s leading community for Open Source IoT projects. For Red Hat, Eclipse IoT is the place where we collaborate with like-minded colleagues from other firms to create projects that form the basis of our IoT products.”
Director of Software Engineering for Integration Middleware, Red Hat
“Within Eclipse IoT, Eurotech is working with Cloudera, Red Hat, and others to develop key IoT runtimes and other enabling technologies that will enable integrated, end-to-end open IoT architectures.”
Chief Product and Marketing Officer, Eurotech
“Finally, DB foresees more open source integrations in the future and looks forward to collaborating within the Eclipse IoT Working Group. Being part of a collaboration like Eclipse IoT is a good opportunity to improve DB’s use of open source technology, and in the long term creates better solutions for DB passengers.”
Chief Architect, DB-Systel
“The Eclipse Foundation [puts] forth great effort to provide open source contributions in the IoT space, which translates to vitality and enthusiasm. This is very important to us.”
Nicola La Gloria
Co-founder and CEO, Kynetics
BenefitsMembers of the Eclipse IoT Working Group take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Participate in industry collaborations to develop common open IoT platforms for Industrial IoT, Industry 4.0, Edge Computing, and more.
- Play a role in defining Eclipse IoT strategic priorities
- Gain insights into the Eclipse IoT technology roadmap and direction
- Benchmark and learn best practices from peers for leveraging open IoT technologies to accelerate product development and improve time-to-revenue